The Oracle databases in your IT infrastructure landscape may be part of mission-critical systems whose uptime is essential for the organization’s mission statement. Monitoring of such systems should never be reactive.
As an IT leader, are you taking a reactive stance to the monitoring of your Oracle database infrastructure - “We will fix it when it breaks!”. The problem with this approach is that one is essentially waiting for failure, which can’t be far away. Even if you know how to fix the issue when it arises, isn’t it better to take the remedial measures before the problem hits you causing unplanned downtime and loss of productivity? Nip the problem at its bud!
So how does one ensure proactiveness – by putting a system in place which prevents failure or forewarns of impending failure much before it actually occurs?
Simple Logic’s Custom Monitoring and Alerting Solution
Simple Logic’s custom solution is the right system for pro-active monitoring of your Oracle database infrastructure. The essential features of this solution are:
The benefits one can derive by implementing this custom monitoring solution include:
- Monitoring based on adjustable thresholds
- Alerting the Support team in case of thresholds are breached.
- Self-Healing Capabilities – Why wait for the Support Engineer to bring up the service? Let our custom solution try bringing up the service its own.
The features of this monitoring solution are:-
- Improved Productivity
- Improved Reliability
- Avoid unplanned downtime leading to loss of revenue.
- Be competitive – Avoid the risk of falling behind in this competitive world due to inefficient operations caused by problems which can be completely avoided.
- Lightweight is written in Power Shell and Python
Monitors the entire infrastructure stack
- OS (CPU, Memory, Load, Network)
- Storage (Disk Usage, Disk IO)
- DB (Availability, Blockers, Connection, Waits, Corruptions, Timeouts, Deadlocks).
- DR Standby sync status.
- Change in query execution plans.
Alerts when the thresholds are breached.
- Bring up the failed service on its own. In case of failure bringing up the service automatically, alerts the support team.
- Purging of old unwanted files/traces. The threshold can be defined by the customer.